• 1 cup maize meal
• 4 cups of cold water
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/2 cup Selati white sugar or Selati sweetener to taste
• 500ml pineapple juice
1. Mix together maize meal with 1 cup cold water.
2. Boil remaining water and salt in a pot with a lid.
3. Stir maize meal mixture into the boiling water.
4. Cover with a lid then simmer for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally
5. Stir in sugar, then leave to cool completely.
6. Cover and leave to stand in a warm place overnight.
7. The next day, stir in the pineapple juice and chill in the fridge.
8. Pour into tall glasses and enjoy.