For the almond filling:
• ½ cup Selati Castor Snow
• ½ cup butter, softened
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 2 large eggs, beaten
• 1 ½ cups ground almonds
• ¼ cup cake flour
For the tarts:
• 400g puff pastry
• 1 egg, beaten
• 4 apples
• 4 Tbs Selati Demerara sugar
• Toasted Flaked almonds
• Vanilla mascarpone
• Make the almond filling by creaming the butter, sugar and vanilla.
• Beat in eggs, a little at a time.
• Fold in almonds and flour.
• Pour into the tart tin then bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
• Remove from the oven. Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove tart from the tin.
• Dust with icing sugar then serve with a scoop of sorbet.
• Preheat oven to 180ºC
• Divide the puff pastry into 6 equal rectangles.
• Brush the squares with egg wash
• Spread a generous amount of almond filling onto each rectangle, leaving a 1cm gap around the edge
• Slice the apples thinly then arranging 4/6 apple slices onto each pastry rectangle.
• Place the tarts onto a lined baking tray, then sprinkle with Demerara sugar.
• Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
• Remove from the oven, serve with a scoop of vanilla mascarpone (simply mix icing sugar and vanilla into some mascarpone), then finally sprinkle with toasted almonds.