• 4 Egg yolks
• 4 Egg whites
• 75g Selati Castor Snow
• 75g Ground almonds
• 400g fresh apricots
• 150ml stock syrup (equal quantities of sugar and water boiled together for 2 minutes)
• 1 lemon, juice of
• 1 cinnamon stick
Crème Fraiche Amaretto Cream:
• 250g Crème fraiche
• 250g Cream, whipped
• 100g Selati Castor Snow
• 3 Egg yolks
• 2 leaves Gelatine, soaked in water until soft
• 30ml Amaretto liqueur
• 50g Flaked Almonds
• 200g Amaretti biscuits
• 60ml Amaretto liqueur
• Ground cinnamon to dust
1. Preheat the oven to 200C. Line a flat swiss roll pan with non-stick baking paper
2. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar to the ribbon stage.
3. Stir the almonds into the yolk mixture.
4. Whisk the egg whites until firm peak and then fold gently into the egg yolk mixture.
5. Pour into a silicone paper-lined swiss roll baking sheet and evenly spread the mixture over the base.
6. Bake for +/- 15 minutes.
7. Turn the sponge out and remove the baking liner.
1. Cut the apricots in half and remove the stone. Dice 4-5 of the apricots and set to one side.
2. Place all the remaining apricots with the rest of the ingredients into a saucepan and set over a medium heat. Poach the fruit until it is tender. Remove the cinnamon stick.
3. Place the cooked mixture into a blender or processor and blend until smooth.
4. Pass through a strainer and then add the reserved diced apricots.
1. Mix the crème fraiche and whipped cream together.
2. Mix the soaked gelatine leaves into the liqueur.
3. Whisk the yolks and sugar together to the ribbon stage over a double boiler.