• 1 cup fat free milk
• 1 cup flour
• 6 eggs
• ¼ cup butter, melted ( for the pan)
• dash of salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
• 1 teaspoon naartjie zest plus extra for garnishing
• 250 g sugar
• 90 g unsalted butter
• 3 eggs, lightly beaten
• ½ cup naartjie
• grated rind of any citrus fruit
• pinch of salt
• Place a skillet pan in the oven and preheat to 220ºC allowing pan to heat up with oven.
• Place all pancake ingredients in a blender and blend until all ingredients are uniform.
• Remove skillet from oven and met butter evenly coating the bottom and sides of the skillet with melted butter.
• Pour the batter into the skillet and bake in the oven until puffed and golden brown on the sides, about 20 minutes.
• Remove the pancake from the oven and serve immediately with naartjie curd and icing sugar.
• Place all the ingredients in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir, using a wooden spoon, until thick – the mixture should coat the back of a spoon.
Allow to cool.