250 g pitted prunes, soaked overnight in water
Butter to grease the tart pan
125 g plain flour
Large pinch of salt
4 eggs, large
100 g Selati Castor Snow
1 litre milk
200 ml rum
• Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
• Grease an ovenproof dish with butter. In a large bowl, mix the flour and salt.
• Add the eggs one by one, mixing thoroughly to create a smooth batter.
• Whisk the batter to introduce air into it.
• Add the sugar, then the milk.
• Stir in the rum.
• Drain the prunes, add them to the mixture and pour into the dish.
• Bake for 40 minutes or until brown.
• Serve either hot or cold.